I can’t believe it’s already the end of July! Where has the year gone?
As they say, ‘time flies when you’re having fun’, and boy have I had a packed summer of fun so far. With art fairs taking me around the mid-west and all across the Twin Cities I’ve barely had a moment to stop and take stock of what a wonderful season it has been.
What I need to do is send a BIG thank you to all of the wonderful people who have come out and attended the fairs, even in scorching temperatures, and bought mine and other artists work. Without you guys none of the hard work would be worth it!
So in summary I’d love to share with you some highlights:
1. Art-A-Whirl at the end of May saw the release of my Prince portrait. In that weekend alone through online and in-person sales, nearly a third of my limited edition prints were sold. Orders went as far as Australia, Scotland and The Netherlands.
2. With four back to back shows in June, I travelled from Edina, to Omaha, to Stone Arch and then on to Wayzata, showing my work to over 40,000 new and wonderful customers.
3. It was at the Wayzata show that my original Prince portrait sold to local art enthusiast, JoAnne and her family, for $8,000. While it was sad to see him go, it feels amazing knowing that he will stay here in Minnesota with such a great family.
4. After a weekend of rest, I was back on the road with my amazing sales support, my mother, to Fargo, ND. In 2015 I had an amazing show here and decided to create two new pieces to compliment last year’s works – a North Dakota Bison and a Fighting Hawk. These pieces proved to be a hit, and at the end of the three day show I am thrilled to report that Fargo was my most successful show to date! There is a lot of love in this city and I look forward to going back in 2017 already.
5. With three shows to go till the end of the summer (Stillwater’s Art Meets Wine Festival, Uptown Art Fair and Art in Bayfront Park, Duluth) I need to suggest that if there is anyone out there still keen for a Prince portrait – buy now! There are only 11 remaining in the 8x10” size, 51 in the 12x16” size, 15 in the 18x24” on metal, and 9 in the 30x40” metal.
6. At Uptown I will be releasing a new piece, Paisley Park, to compliment my Prince piece and continue to celebrate him, his wonderful music and his fans. There will be limited edition prints of this available from August 5th both online and at Uptown, so make sure you come check it out!
Over and out from me now. Time to get creating! I wish you all the best on this lovely Tuesday. May our paths cross again soon…
Love and hugs,